The Senior Citizens Drop In Centre, located on Bay Street in the Sault’s downtown area, has lined up its August activities. They are as follows.
• Laughter Yoga – now’s the time to get your bellies’ laughing. Join Allyne in laughter and breathing exercises. This takes place on-line via Zoom on Thursdays, from Aug. 5 to 27, from 11:30 a.m. to noon. Call to register 705-254-6474 or visit active55+Acityssm.on.ca.
• Mindfulness for the Daily Life – Anne will discuss how to take care of yourself with kindness and explore simple practices that can be used in everyday life. Join her on Zoom on Fridays, Aug. 7 to 28, from 10 to 11 a.m. Call 705-254-6474 to register.
• Introduction to Zumba – What is Zumba? This is an introduction to Zumba, a dance workout. The session will explain the benefits and show you how to Zumba. Ikdiko will Zoom the program on Friday, Aug. 7, from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Call 705-254-6474 to register.
• Another one – During this one-hour Zoom presentation participants will be able to watch or try out Zumba. To check this out call 705-254-6474 to register. This will take place on Friday, Aug. 14, at 11:15 a.m .
• Journal with Vicky and Rita – Not only can journaling be fun but the benefits of this self-reflection tool can boost memory and inspire creativity. Sign up; call 705-254-6474 to register. This is a weekly Zoom program on Monday, Aug. 10 to 31, from 11 a.m. to noon. Put your words/thoughts to paper and reap the benefits.
AND MORE …
Meanwhile, Active 55+ the Senior Citizens Drop in Centre offers online and phone-in programs.
Check them out on Facebook @Activ55+ or on the city’s website www.saultstemarie.ca/seniors to view the many other Zoom programs offered for free.
Call 705-254-6474 for more information.