The City of Sault Ste. Marie, as per Algoma Public Health and the Ontario Government, will return to ‘yellow protect’ on Tuesday. This designation will allow various facilities to re-open with public health and work place safety measures in place.
Outdoor skating rinks and ice pads
- Anna McCrea, Merrifield and Esposito rinks, Art Jennings Speed Skating Oval and the Clergue Park Skating Trail will remain open with increased capacity.
- Hockey games, scrimmages, shinny and pick up hockey at designated ‘outdoor hockey rinks’ (Anna McCrea, Merrifield and Esposito rinks) may resume.
- Users are encouraged to plan your visit accordingly. Mask wearing is encouraged even when outdoors. All outdoor rinks will close at 10 p.m.
Arenas and Sports Centre
- Programming will resume at GFL Memorial Gardens, John Rhodes Community Centre, McMeeken Centre and the Northern Community Centre.
- Team or individual sports must be modified to avoid physical contact; 50 people per league.
- Locker rooms, change rooms and showers in the facility will be open with enhanced cleaning measures in place following each use of change rooms.
- The Northern Community Centre will resume its indoor walking program. Participation is limited and walkers are asked to register online or in-person at the facility.
- The GFL Memorial Gardens walking program will resume Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Walkers will be asked to sign-in upon entry.
Screening of patrons is required at all City facilities.
- Only one parent, guardian or other adult may accompany each athlete under the age of 18.
- For ice rental bookings call 705-759-5383 or visit gflgardens.ca.
- For turf rental bookings call 705-759-5489 or visit saultstemarie.ca/ncc.
- Bookings will begin on Tuesday, February 16 at noon by calling 705-759-5419 or online.
- Indoor Aquatics classes at the John Rhodes Community Centre pool will begin four times per week with a maximum of 10 participants. Users can book two days in advance.
- Lane swims and parent and child swim programming will be offered in the evenings. Participants will be limited to 50 individuals at the John Rhodes Community Centre pool.
- Locker rooms, change rooms and showers in the facility remain open with enhanced cleaning measures in place.
- Meeting rooms above the pool will have limited availability for booking.
- For more information regarding indoor pools and the John Rhodes meeting rooms contact 705-759-5419.
- Bay Street Active Living Centre 55+ and the Northern Community Centre programming will remain online.
- For more information email email@example.com or phone 705-254-6474.
Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
- The Site will be open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hands on exhibits will remain closed and programming will remain virtual.
- Museum and gift shop services available. Screening upon entry and masks are mandatory.
- Cemetery office will open on Tuesday, February 16. Masks are required and a
2-person capacity limit is in place.
- The Cemetery Chapel is available by appointment. Masks and sign-in are required, and a 12-person capacity limit is in place.
- Seats will continue to be blocked in accordance with the recommended physical distancing guidelines.
- Passengers must wear masks with the exception of children under the age of two, persons with medical conditions or a disability that inhibits their ability to wear a mask.